Hutton Roof, which is 3 miles from the market town of Kirby Lonsdale nestling in the Lune Valley, in good walking country and near to the RSBP sanctuary at Leighton Moss, offers a superb base for exploring the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales.
Windermere and other Lake District destinations are approximately 30 minutes drive to the west and the Yorkshire Dales 20 minute drive to the east with the unspoilt Forest of Bowland a short driving distance.
Whats on in and around The Lake District, Lancashire and the Yorkshire Dales:
- The official Tourist Board in Kirby Lonsdale
- For things to do in the Lake District and exploring Cumbria
- Things to do with the children in Lancashire
• Day Out With The Kids
- Things to do in Cumbria
- Official Lake Disctrict website
- Official Lancashire County Council website
- Places of interest to visit
- For fantastic days out in Yorkshire
-(or download festivals & events pdf here..)
• Settle & Carlisle Railway
- Welcome to England's most scenic railway
- Whats on at Blackpool
- Britain's official guide to canals, rivers and lakes
- The internet gateway to Yorkshire
"We have just got back from a great week in Croft Cottage. Which was one of the best equipped cottages we have stayed in. We were very comfortable and enjoyed the walks locally as well as having a base centrally for the Lakes, the Dales and the coast at Silverdale & Arnside.
We will keep your cottage on file for future reference. "
C and CH